Jan. 21, three area fire departments teamed up to see which could collect the most food in a friendly food drive challenge, and according to Tavares Fire Chief Jim Dickerson, the true winner is the clients of the Lake Cares food pantry, recipient of the 11,450 pounds of non-perishable food.
Our employees stay busy on a daily basis working hard to keep you and your loved ones safe. With roughly 200 marked patrol cars patrolling our highways and neighborhoods and responding to emergencies, it’s rather easy to spot them and see all the many different things they do to take care of…
- Florida fastest-growing state for first time since 1957
- Trash bin problems in Lake County
- Florida Highwaymen paintings on display
- Habitat for Humanity homes reach halfway mark toward completion
- From a teacher on the front lines
- Unbelievable discipline issues in schools
- Tavares Rhythm on Ruby features free concert with Stormbringer and #NoFilter on Saturday, January 28
- Need help filing your taxes?