At the March 4 EcoExpo 2023, more than 200 people gathered to learn about and discuss topics including protecting natural resources, conservation strategies, alternative energy, smart growth and the effects of climate change in Lake County.
Government is big and powerful. We, individuals, are relatively weak and powerless. Only our voice and vote protect us against the big powerful government.
- Ahoy, mateys! It’s time for the Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival
- Faces and Places (week of March 22)
- Florida Vintage Race Boat Club Spring Thunder Regatta
- Shop local in March to vote at the Eustis Busker Festival
- Obituary: John Tyler Bryan
- Mount Dora Spring Fest to be held on 3rd weekend in March
- Reversing Florida’s back-breaking tort tax
- A great fish tale
- EcoExpo focuses on local actions, celebrates teen essay writers
- Student calendars set for next two school years
John Tyler Bryan, 29, of Umatilla, passed away Friday, February 24, 2023. Born in Leesburg, Florida, he was a lifelong resident of Umatilla, graduating from Umatilla High School class of 2012. He was a journeyman lineman for Service Electric. Tyler was a member of the International Brotherho…
SUZANNE MARY HOWARD, age 78 of Mount Dora, Florida passed away on May 22, 2022. Born on October 13, 1943 to Richard and Beatrice Howard in Columbus, Ohio. She was the wife of the late Randall Keith Stephens. Suzanne was a flight attendant with the National Airlines and met "Randy" a pilot. H…
Patricia L. Woodard, 93 of Eustis, Florida, passed away on August 8, 2022.
Donald (OTIE) Koenke passed away peacefully sitting in his favorite club chair overlooking the boats in the Alexandria Bay harbor on August 28, 2022, at age 87.
Mary E. “Lib” McCormick French, 92, of Mount Dora, FL, passed away on January 14, 2022. She was born on September 2, 1929, to Oscar and Nora Walker in Walland, TN.