Lake County Schools Superintendent Diane Kornegay and Assistant Superintendent Emily Weiskopf answered questions on Facebook Live last week about the reopening of Lake County schools this fall. Visit http://facebook.com/lakeschools to view a recording of the session.  

CREATE Conservatory is a nonprofit, private elementary school in Leesburg that specializes in STEM education through arts integration.  That means students at CREATE will learn traditional subjects like reading and math, as well as important 21st-century skills like technology and engineerin…

Lake County is set to receive a total of $64 million in Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) funding, with a direct allocation of 25% ($16 million) being made available up front, and the remaining 75% ($48 million) only accessible via reimbursement after the initial $16…

The Lady Lake Farmer’s Market is open every Tuesday, 9 a.m.–1 p.m., at 106 Hwy 441, Log Cabin Park in Lady Lake. Get some fresh local products while staying safe in an open-air environment. For up-to-date information, visit the Lady Lake Farmer’s Market Facebook page.

Latest e-Edition

Raymond “Ray” Ordell Halverson (1934-2020) went home to be with the Lord on Jan. 22, 2020 at the age of 85 after a short but rough battle with cancer. The funeral service will be held at Trinity Evangelical Free Church, 890 Abrams Road, Eustis, Florida at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28. It will al…