At the March 21 Mount Dora City Council meeting, the city attorney reported that “the property owner for AMCO Development has filed a Florida Statutes, Section 70.51, request to have a Magistrate grant relief from the denial of its PUD rezone request.”
EUSTIS, Fla. – The City of Eustis welcomes talent from all over the world with street performers, also known as “buskers,” at this year’s 7th Annual Eustis Busker Festival on Saturday, March 25.
Excuses handcuff our potential and choke our purpose. They’re a defense against making progress, a hindrance to our growth.
- Tavares Fire Chief Richard Keith shares how Lake Technical College shaped his life
- Playing and learning at the local state park
- Developer continues push for high-rise buildings in Mount Dora
- HB 991: Bad for Florida, bad for America
- It’s a wrap on another fruitful Florida Strawberry Festival
- 2022–2023 Howey Mansion Music Series concludes April 12
- A great fish tale
- 70th annual Yacht Club Regatta March 25–26
- 2022–2023 Beacon Salon Series concludes with a sensational program
- Ahoy, mateys! It’s time for the Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival
John Tyler Bryan, 29, of Umatilla, passed away Friday, February 24, 2023. Born in Leesburg, Florida, he was a lifelong resident of Umatilla, graduating from Umatilla High School class of 2012. He was a journeyman lineman for Service Electric. Tyler was a member of the International Brotherho…
SUZANNE MARY HOWARD, age 78 of Mount Dora, Florida passed away on May 22, 2022. Born on October 13, 1943 to Richard and Beatrice Howard in Columbus, Ohio. She was the wife of the late Randall Keith Stephens. Suzanne was a flight attendant with the National Airlines and met "Randy" a pilot. H…
Patricia L. Woodard, 93 of Eustis, Florida, passed away on August 8, 2022.
Donald (OTIE) Koenke passed away peacefully sitting in his favorite club chair overlooking the boats in the Alexandria Bay harbor on August 28, 2022, at age 87.
Mary E. “Lib” McCormick French, 92, of Mount Dora, FL, passed away on January 14, 2022. She was born on September 2, 1929, to Oscar and Nora Walker in Walland, TN.