May 20, Rev. Dr. David Averill, of Mount Dora, helped Avon Park, Florida, welcome home one of its own: U.S. Army Air Forces Second Lieutenant Pharis E Weekley, who was lost in a World War II mission 80 years ago.
Excuses handcuff our potential and choke our purpose. They’re a defense against making progress, a hindrance to our growth.
- Faces and Places
- Wildlife gardening in HOA communities
- Florida’s fertilizer addiction
- Freedom for 17 eastern indigo snakes
- Lake County Government offices close for Memorial Day
- Mount Dora minister assists in funeral held 80 years after soldier’s death
- Free flea control for your dog
- Lake County Schools 2023 graduation dates
- Eustis woman’s efforts lead to more than 500,000 VA claims
John Tyler Bryan, 29, of Umatilla, passed away Friday, February 24, 2023. Born in Leesburg, Florida, he was a lifelong resident of Umatilla, graduating from Umatilla High School class of 2012. He was a journeyman lineman for Service Electric. Tyler was a member of the International Brotherho…
SUZANNE MARY HOWARD, age 78 of Mount Dora, Florida passed away on May 22, 2022. Born on October 13, 1943 to Richard and Beatrice Howard in Columbus, Ohio. She was the wife of the late Randall Keith Stephens. Suzanne was a flight attendant with the National Airlines and met "Randy" a pilot. H…
Patricia L. Woodard, 93 of Eustis, Florida, passed away on August 8, 2022.
Donald (OTIE) Koenke passed away peacefully sitting in his favorite club chair overlooking the boats in the Alexandria Bay harbor on August 28, 2022, at age 87.
Mary E. “Lib” McCormick French, 92, of Mount Dora, FL, passed away on January 14, 2022. She was born on September 2, 1929, to Oscar and Nora Walker in Walland, TN.