United States Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 43 kicked off National Safe Boating Week, May 20–26, with a local promotion to show support for boating safety – Wear Your Life Jacket to Work Day on May 19 – and their efforts garnered some attention, with Eustis Fire Station Number 22 staff and …
Eustis resident Jill Wilkins, who lost her husband after he was exposed to toxins while serving in the U.S. military, found satisfaction in the recent news that U.S. veterans and their survivors have been awarded more than $1 billion in toxic exposure-related benefits under the PACT Act.
Sitting across the table from Lakeland Mayor Bill Mutz, I was struck by how often he smiled. Smiled while we talked about the challenges of finding workforce housing. Smiled while we talked about transportation issues and where to find the money to fund all this growth in new Floridians. Smi…
- Eustis woman’s efforts lead to more than 500,000 VA claims
- Lake County Schools 2023 graduation dates
- UCF-Eustis partnership created to support area entrepreneurs
- Keeping it safe on Lake County waterways
- Veterans can help with study on Gulf War Illness
- Lake County Government offices close for Memorial Day
- Faces and Places (week of May 24)
- Non-native snakehead fish spotted for the first time along Florida’s Gulf Coast
- Anchors aweigh
- Beacon College launches capital campaign to grow its mission
John Tyler Bryan, 29, of Umatilla, passed away Friday, February 24, 2023. Born in Leesburg, Florida, he was a lifelong resident of Umatilla, graduating from Umatilla High School class of 2012. He was a journeyman lineman for Service Electric. Tyler was a member of the International Brotherho…
SUZANNE MARY HOWARD, age 78 of Mount Dora, Florida passed away on May 22, 2022. Born on October 13, 1943 to Richard and Beatrice Howard in Columbus, Ohio. She was the wife of the late Randall Keith Stephens. Suzanne was a flight attendant with the National Airlines and met "Randy" a pilot. H…
Patricia L. Woodard, 93 of Eustis, Florida, passed away on August 8, 2022.
Donald (OTIE) Koenke passed away peacefully sitting in his favorite club chair overlooking the boats in the Alexandria Bay harbor on August 28, 2022, at age 87.
Mary E. “Lib” McCormick French, 92, of Mount Dora, FL, passed away on January 14, 2022. She was born on September 2, 1929, to Oscar and Nora Walker in Walland, TN.