Jan. 21, three area fire departments teamed up to see which could collect the most food in a friendly food drive challenge, and according to Tavares Fire Chief Jim Dickerson, the true winner is the clients of the Lake Cares food pantry, recipient of the 11,450 pounds of non-perishable food.
Our employees stay busy on a daily basis working hard to keep you and your loved ones safe. With roughly 200 marked patrol cars patrolling our highways and neighborhoods and responding to emergencies, it’s rather easy to spot them and see all the many different things they do to take care of…
- Three-day national fishing tournament at the Harris Chain
- New AdventHealth clinic for long-haul COVID
- Road trip!
- Florida fastest-growing state for first time since 1957
- Habitat for Humanity homes reach halfway mark toward completion
- Florida Highwaymen paintings on display
- Trash bin problems in Lake County
- Unbelievable discipline issues in schools
- Everything should be on the table
- Lake County Sheriff’s Charities, Inc.